Monday, January 20, 2014

Mondays, Runs, & Naps

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, what a week! I've had a lot of fun. Last week, we started back on our regular running routine...now that it's warmer outside :). It was so GREAT to see my friends for our run...FUN!

Today, Mom took us out for a run. What a lovely day to be outside! Snow, snow, SNOW!! Gosh, I just love that white, fluffy stuff. Sometimes, I get so excited that I start running too fast. Since it's been kinda icy out, Mom usually says, "Jisa, slow down." She says it very calmly, and I just know I need to be careful, not just for my sake, but hers! See, humans can be sorta clumsy. She's really scared me a few times by falling down! It took me awhile to get what "slow down" means.

What Mom did to help me is to first teach me to match her speed. If she started to slow down, I looked back at her, as in "What are you DOING, Mom?" She immediately said YES (oh boy!!!!) and fed me a treat. Oh boy!!! Then, she'd start speeding up again, and as I kept up (on a loose leash, of course), she'd offer me my marker word and, sometimes, a tasty treat! Eventually, she'd start saying "Slow down" right before she started to change her speed. So easy!

Whew, that's a lot of running and learning! Two of my favorite things :). You know what else I love? Snuggling on the couch with Mom for a nap! Proof:
Well, I'm off to finish up my day. Hope you have a fabulous week!!! Mine is sure to be exciting...

**JIS**

No comments:

Post a Comment