Sunday, October 20, 2013

Best Day EVER

I...hit...the...MOTHERLODE! I thought yesterday was the best day ever. No. I woke up hopeful that today would be awesome. Imagine my surprise when it turned into the BEST DAY EVER.

Upon waking up, I realized both Mom and Dad would be home all day. Eek, that freaked me out just a bit. I wasn't sure what to expect. Then, Mom got out some yummy treats and left the house, and Dad took me OUTSIDE. Holy  moly!!! SQUIRRELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We got outside and stopped in the middle of the driveway. I seriously thought Dad had lost his mind. We stood there for an ETERNITY before I saw this super fun-looking dog with Mom. I can't lie, I got really excited. I just wanted to show this potential friend how much I love to play!

After another ETERNITY, Mom approached with the dog. Dad kept feeding me treats, which is super cool of him. Eventually, I got to sniff the other dog, and then he (the dog) was very rude to me. I looked at Dad for help, and he called me away and fed me more yummy treats. Oh wow, Dad's so awesome! Eventually, I got to play a little with this new friend. I just LOVE meeting new friends!

I didn't think much more fun could happen in one day. SURPRISE! Mom dressed in her clothes that smell icky (it ALWAYS means we get to RUN!), grabbed our leashes, and had us get in the car. OH...MY...GOSH. Could we be going to "trail"?!?!?!?!?!?! Whenever Mom says "trail," it means being outside with TONS of neat smells, like SQUIRRELS, birds, poop, and trees. Mom, Cymry, and I went for a looooooooooooooooooong run. It...was...amazing. At one point, I smelled this interesting pile of poop, and Mom said, "Leave It." Since I know it means to leave something alone, I quickly looked up at Mom. It was pretty satisfying to hear her say I was a good girl. YAY!

Here is a photo of Cymry and I after our run:
Look at Cymry - what an old lady! Sometimes, it would be better not to be slowed down by her and Mom. They are soooooooo SLOW. I mean, they like to WALK up hills. What's WRONG with them? Ugh. Oh well, I'd rather run with them than anyone else...or worse, not running at all!

Ok - Mom just called for dinner! Gotta go! What a GREAT day!!!!!!

***JIS***

No comments:

Post a Comment