Sunday, February 16, 2014

Warmer Weather + Playtimes

Holy moly!!! It's W-A-R-M!!! Mom took us out for a lovely run/walk today, and boy, am I excited for the higher temperatures. It means: (1) more SQUIRRELS, (2) being outside more, and (3) meeting more people! Oh my goodness, I'm so excited.

Ok, I'm going to try to see past this. I wanted to show you a video of my sister and I playing...
Notice how fast and noisy we are? That's pretty typical of us. Mom usually says you need to keep an eye on the faster movements in play, as it can escalate quickly. However, you see I'm often in a "play-bow" (butt high in air, forelegs parallel to floor/ground). This usually signals "play." You can also see our bodies are fairly relaxed, and we are bouncing around pretty dramatically. All good signs that things are flowing well. But still, Mom is watching us, and she does ask us to take breaks frequently. She will simply say, "Ok, that's enough. Go lay down." We break up our play, then go rest for a bit. After a few minutes, we start up our game again! Oh boy, I just LOVE to play!

Ok well, I gotta go! Just wanted to stop in and say HI! :)

**JIS**

No comments:

Post a Comment